- From Santa Cruz de la Sierra, the regional capital, you can take a train, bus or taxi, from the ‘Terminal Bimodal’ the train and bus station.
- By private cat, take the Bioceanica highway RN 4 (270 kms).
- Getting around San José: the town can be visited on foot. ‘Moto-taxis’ can be used in town and regular taxis serve to get to other villages of Chiquitania, or to continue one’s trip.
- Banking services: The Banco Union has a branch office in San José and 3 ATMs are available as well, one of which accepts international Visa Plus cards.
- Other: Stable electricity supply (220 V), piped drinking water, and a mobile telephone network run by TIGO and ENTEL.
Credit cards are not accepted in the shops.
San José has a hospital, drugstores/chemists, restaurants and handicrafts shops.